Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hello? It's been a while!


We've been busy over here and my computer time has diminished due to a certain 14 month old. So, what's new you ask? I am through with my training for Ashford University and will start teaching soon! I am also done with all training for Gymboree and have been teaching Art for 4 weeks now. I love it. It can be a lot of work some days but it's fun and I forgot how much I enjoy actually teaching and being around kids. Donovan and I still hit up Gymboree but now that it's free for us, we go a LOT more and have been trying out other classes such as music. We also go to Open Gym a couple times a week. It's been so good for him, he loves it there and it's a free activity we can do together. He's even getting better at sort of playing with other kids. If pulling other's hair and taking toys qualifies as playing at this age... although he does enjoy chasing (and being chased) and peek-a-boo with the other kids. Gymboree has become his all time favorite place, he gives me the BIGGEST smiles when we get there. And, of course, there are lots of ladies to flirt with!


He is a SUPER SMART problem solver which has made every day it's own challenge. He will look at objects and figure out how to use them to his advantage. The other day he figured out that he could take the pillows off the couch and use them to climb ONTO the couch! He LOVES to climb, on anything and everything. Luckily he has learned how to get down from places so once he gets up... he can USUALLY get back down. He still makes me nervous! He is quite the little boy though and seems to have no fear - he will just go and always looks so happy and proud when he figures out something new or gets onto something else.


I really can't believe how fast he is growing and how he really is looking more and more like a little boy and less like a baby. I look at photos a year apart side by side and get a little sad...

 

He is growing up so fast! I love toddlerhood (well parts of it!) and he is turning into such a sweet, smart little boy. He will surprise you with hugs and kisses and his laugh will melt your heart. Not sure how we got so blessed with him and we feel so lucky to have such a great kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment